Barley Mushroom Soup (Vegan) (#2406)
Soups Vegan Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 cup Onions chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup Celery thinly sliced
- 3 cups Mushrooms fresh, sliced
- 5 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Pearl Barley
- 4 tsp Vegetable Stock powder
- Sauté the onions, carrots and celery in a large pot with a bit of water to prevent scorching over medium high heat for about 5 minutes. We like to add some fresh garlic as well.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for another 5 minutes until the mushrooms beging to exude their juices.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 1 hour or until the barley it tender.