Veggie Flavored Pasta - No Egg (#2404)
Pastas Vegan Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour , preferably durum semolina
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil optional
Use One Of Following Only (Optional)
- 1/4 cup Tomato Juice for red
- 1/3 cup Carrots pureed, for orange
- 1/3 cup Beets pureed, for red
- 1 cup Spinach pureed, for green
- To make by hand, use a floured pastry cloth, put dry ingredients on cloth, and make a well in the center of flour mixture.
- Add liquid ingredients in the well, and knead the dough, working the flour to the center as you knead.
- After it forms a ball, knead by hand for several minutes.
- To make with a food processor, put all ingredients in the bowl.
- Process for 1 minute until dough begins to form.
- Adjust liquid or flour if necessary, continue to knead in the machine for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
- To make with bread machine, place ingredients into baking pan.
- Use the dough cycle, knead for 1/2 min.
- Adjust flour and liquid to form a round ball of dough.
- Knead for another 5 minutes, then press stop button.
- If you have a pasta machine, continue according to instructions.
- To complete the pasta by hand, roll the dough into sheets, as thin as it is possible to roll it on a floured pastry cloth with a rolling pin.
- Then shape into long thin spaghetti like strips, or wider for noodles.
- Cut with a pie crimper for a fancy edge and twist into bowknots.
- Use your imagination.
- Allow to dry a minimum of 10 to 20 minutes, or longer, if necessary.
- It may be dried for several hours, put into a ziploc bag and refrigerated or frozen.
- To cook, drop into boiling water (with a little salt, optional), and cook just until al dente.
- Do not overcook. Serve with your favorite sauce.
- You can make a white pasta, leaving out the vegetables, or you can use your imagination, be creative, and use any number of other veggies.
- Try green, yellow, red, purple, orange pepper puree; yellow summer squash or zucchini; winter squash, pumpkin or sweet potato; broccoli, green beans, vegetarian refried beans.
- The list is endless. Just use approximately one-third cup of the one you choose.