Greek Millet Salad (#2398)
Grains Salads Side Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Millet
- 3 cups Stock chicken or vegetable, prefer low salt
- 1 Sweet Yellow Bell Peppers dice into small cubes
- 1 Green Bell Peppers dice into small cubes
- 1 medium Red Onion dice into small cubes
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes halved, or 3 each roma tomates, diced
- 6 Greek Olives thinly sliced, or more as needed
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- 4 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice fresh, or to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard or to taste
- 1 small Garlic Cloves minced, optional
- 1 Black Pepper to taste
- Toast the millet in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until slightly golden and brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer the toasted millet into a pot with the broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and let simmer for about 35 minutes until the broth is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and fluff with a fork.
- While the millet is cooking, add all the dressing ingredients into a small bowl, and whisk until well blended.
- Mix together all the cubed vegetables, tomatoes, olives and feta cheese in a large bowl.
- Add the cooked millet, pour in the dressing, and gently stir until well combined.
- Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled.
- The salad can be made in advance and let chill in the frige for a few hours.