Roasted Fennel & Sun dried Tomato Pasta Salad (#2396)
Pastas Salads American Side Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1 large Fennel Bulb 2 medium fennel bulbs or more, cored and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 Red Onion peeled and slice 1/2 inch thick
- 1 clove Garlic chopped, or more to taste
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 pound Pasta, Bow-Tie (Farfalle) or fusili, rotini, etc.
- 2 oz Sundried Tomatoes sliced, about 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- 1/3 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Lemons juiced
- 3 tablespoons Italian Parsley fresh snipped (basil works well too)
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1/2 tsp Red Hot Pepper Sauce or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees f.
- Prepare the fennel, red onion and garlic and add to a large bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and spread evenly on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven stirring once for 15 minutes until beginning to caramelize.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot of water to a boil with one tablespoon of salt added to the water. Cook pasta according to package directions until slight firm but tender (al dente). Drain in a colander.
- While the pasta is cooking prepare the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, red pepper sauce (we prefer frank's red hot over tabasco) and black pepper.
- Add the drained pasta and sun-dried tomatoes to large bowl and toss together. Add the roasted fennel, onions and garlic. Toss.
- Pour the dressing over top and toss well to thoroughly coat.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and black pepper as needed.
- Can be served immediately or held overnight in the refrigerator. It's best served at room temperature.