Breakfast Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes (#2380)
Share This Recipe
- 6 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg ground
- 1 tsp Sugar or honey
- 3/4 cup Ricotta Cheese low-fat
- 2 large Eggs or you can 1 large egg and 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk or non-fat
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest freshly grated
- 2 tsp Olive Oil divided, or canola oil
- 3/4 cup Blueberries fresh or frozen, not thawed
- Sift all-purpose flour, wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Mix well ricotta, egg, buttermilk, lemon juice and zest in a large bowl until smooth.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Brush a large nonstick skillet with 1/2 teaspoon oil or coated with cooking spray and place over medium heat until hot.
- Cook 2 pancakes at one time, using a generous 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, pour the batter for 2 pancakes into the pan, sprinkle blueberries on each pancake and cook until the edges are dry and bubbles begin to form, about 2 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes more.
- Repeat with the remaining oil, batter and berries, adjusting the heat as necessary to prevent burning.
- Serve these light pancakes with chunky blueberry sauce, maple syrup or honey.
- Sprinkling the berries on top of the cooking pancakes ensures even distribution.
- Keep finished pancakes warm in a 200°f oven, if desired, while cooking the rest.