Springtime Asparagus Salad (#2379)
Salads Side Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 2 pounds Asparagus peeled
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 large Garlic Cloves crushed
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper ground
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 dash Red Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 cup Onions chopped
- 1/2 cup Parsley Leaves fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 3 tablespoons Pine Nuts toasted
- Steam the asparagus spears for 5 minutes.
- Drain well and place in a serving dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, dijon, garlic, salt, pepper, worcestershire, tabasco, onion, parsley, and parmesan.
- Stir in the pine nuts.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the asparagus.
- Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Serve chilled with the marinade spooned over the spears.
- If you purchase the pencil thin asparagus, it is not necessary to peel them, as they are generally quite tender.
- How to toast nuts spread nuts out on a cookie sheet and bake in a 350° f (180° c) f oven for 5 to 10 minutes until golden.