Chocolate Chip, Banana, Oat Squares (#2377)
Snacks Breakfast Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1 large Bananas very ripe
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil plus 1 tablespoon, such as light olive oil, or canola oil
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar packed, or to taste
- 2 cups Quick Cooking Oats
- 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour or all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Banana Chips chopped
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Chips semi sweet
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries optional
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°f.
- Butter a 8-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- Mash the banana with a fork in a large bowl.
- Pour in the vegetable oil and brown sugar.
- Mix until well blended and set aside.
- Add the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in another large bowl, stir until well mixed.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stir until just incorporated, then mix in the banana chips and chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Scape the batter into the prepared baking pan and press down.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until edges are golden.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares and serve or store at an air-tight container.