Cheesy Sun-Dried Tomato and Spinach Stuffed Pizza (#2376)
Pizzas Italian Main Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 14 oz Tofu firm water-packed, drained, 1 package
- 10 oz Frozen Spinach thawed and squeezed dry, chopped, 1 package
- 1/2 cup Sundried Tomatoes look for soft sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil). If you can only find tomatoes that are very dry (and hard), soak in boilin
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese low-fat
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Basil freshly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder or more or less to taste
- 1/4 tsp Salt or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper freshly ground, or to taste
- 1 pound Pizza Dough prepared, whole wheat, you can use normal pizza dough too
- Position rack in lower third of oven, preheat to 475°f.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray or brushing with oil.
- Finely crumble tofu, pat dry.
- Place in a large bowl and use your hands to combine with spinach, tomatoes, mozzarella, parmesan, basil, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to double the normal pizza dough size, about 16-inch diameter circle.
- Transfer half of the dough to the pizza baking sheet, allowing the extra width to hang over on one side onto a clean surface.
- Spread the filling on the dough in the pan, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Fold the overhanging dough over the filling.
- Fold the edges closed and crimp with a fork to seal.
- Make several small slits in the top to vent steam, lightly coat the top with cooking spray or brush with oil.
- Bake the calzones until well browned on top, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve warm.