Christmas Candy Cane Cookies (#2373)
Cookies Desserts Christmas Holidays
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Eggs
- 1 tsp Mint Extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Food Coloring
- Mix together butter, sugar, egg, and extracts thoroughly.
- Stir in sifted flour and salt.
- Divide dough in half. Blend red food coloring into one half of the dough.
- Cover the two pieces of dough and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
- For each cookie, roll 1 teaspoon of dough from each half back and forth on lightly floured surface into 4 inch rope.
- Place 1 red and 1 white rope side by side; press together lightly and twist.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and curve down top of rope to form handle of cane.
- Bake 9 minutes.
- Watch closely, as they have a tendanacy to brown quickly.