Blackberry Crunch Bars (#2366)
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 cup Butter or margarine, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar packed
- 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Quick Cooking Oats whole grain
- 3/4 cup Blackberry Jam or preserves
Glaze For Drizzling (Optional)
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice fresh
- 1 1/2 tsp Blackberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c); line an 8" x 8" or 9" x 9" baking pan with foil.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter or margarine with the brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in almond extract.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder and oats until just combined and mixture is crumbly. Reserve about 1/2 cup of this mixture for the topping; set aside.
- Pat the remaining mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Spoon jam or preserves over the top of the oat mixture, spreading as carefully as possible so as not to disturb the bottom crust (could heat the jam in the microwave briefly to loosen). Sprinkle top with the reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until top is lightly browned. Remove from oven to wire rack and cool completely.
- When completely cooled, may drizzle top with the glaze. Let set. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before lifting out of the pan and peeling off the foil.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in an airtight container.