Spicy Country Pasta and Cheese (#2362)
Share This Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Onions chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Mushrooms white or shiitake, sliced
- 1 cup Canned Tomatoes chopped, reserve liquid
- 5 small Black Olives sliced in half
- 1/8 tsp Dried Red Hot Chili Pepper crushed
- 2 cups Penne Pasta or ziti, cooked
- 2 tsp Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 Basil fresh
- In a 3 quart microwavable casserole, combine onion, garlic and oil and stir to coat.
- Microwave on high (100%) for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and tomatoes with reserved liquid and stir to combine.
- Cover and microwave on high for 7 minutes, stirring once every 3 minutes.
- Add olives and pepper and stir thoroughly.
- To serve, in serving bowl arrange pasta; top with mushroom-tomato mixture and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with basil.
- Source: Weight watchers healthy lifestyle cookbook each serving contains: 3/4 fat exchange, 2 1/8 vegetable exchange, 2 bread exchanges, 10 optional calories.
- Per serving: 275 calories