Fish Hunan Style (#2355)
Fish Seafood Main Low Fat
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds Fish Fillets (red snapper,cod, pollock, etc.)
- 3 tablespoons Tamari Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Sherry dry or apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Ginger fresh, minced
- 1 Tbsp Garlic fresh, minced
- 2 tablespoons Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions finely chopped
- 1 large Eggs or 2 if desired
- 1 Bread Crumbs floured
- 1 Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes crushed, or to taste
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp. water
- Make marinade out of soy sauce, sherry (or vinegar), ginger, garlic and green onion.
- Cut fish into about 2 inch pieces and marinate for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove fish from marinade and save marinade for later sauce.
- Dip fish in beaten egg, then in floured bread crumbs.
- Fry in about an inch of shortening until nicely browned.
- Set aside while you make sauce.
- Sauce: To the reserved marinade add red pepper, broth and brown sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Add the cornstarch mixed with water.
- Bring to a boil once more. Serve sauce hot over fish with noodles or rice.