Basic Pasta Dough (#2354)
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 cup Durum Semolina Flour
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- Combine the above ingredients to make a dough.
- Wrap in a towel and let sit for 30 minutes.
- [start the sauce heating.]
- After the 30 minutes, [start the water boiling] divide the dough in half and roll out each half, allowing the first sheet of pasta to sit while rolling out the second.
- When the sheets are dryish, cut according to how you like your pasta.
- The pasta maker recommends rolling, and folding in half before rerolling.
- After rolling you are supposed to sprinkle some flour betwixt the two halves.
- If you create a dry enough dough, then you do not need to do this.
- In fact, the first time through the rollers, my dough is pretty crumbly at the edges, but a few more passes makes the dough much more workable.
- Cook for about 2 minutes.