Mixed Green Salad with Pecans, Goat Cheese And Honey Mustard Vinaigrette (#2344)
Nuts Salads Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 4 oz Pecans whole
- 1 Tbsp Butter melted
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Honey Mustard
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 1 pound Mixed Salad Greens including fresh baby spinach
- 4 oz Goat (Chevre) Cheese
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 Sweet Red Bell Peppers cored, seeded, and cut into 1-2 inch thin slices
- Preheat oven to 300°f.
- Place pecans in a bowl, pour melted butter over them, sprinkle with sugar, and gently toss until the pecans are all well coated with a dusting of sugar.
- Place them in a single layer on a parchment paper or silpat lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool to touch.
- Whisk together the honey mustard, garlic, red pepper flakes, and balsamic vinegar in a medium sized bowl.
- Slowly drizzle the oil into the mixture, whisking constantly until completely incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place lettuces and baby spinach in a large bowl.
- Add the goat cheese, dried cranberries, red bell pepper, and pecans.
- Toss with 1/4 cup of the dressing.
- Serve immediately.