Linguine and Asparagus with Creamy Sauce (#2339)
Pastas Main Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 1 tsp Olive Oil or other vegetable oil
- 2 cloves Garlic or as needed, freshly minced
- 1 Shallots chopped, or 1/2 red onion
- 1 cup Mushrooms cremini, or white button, sliced, 6 to 8
- 1/2 pound Asparagus
- 1/2 cup Stock chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/4 can White Wine chablis
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 oz Neufchatel Cheese softened
- 2 oz Goat (Chevre) Cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 6 oz Linguine Pasta
- 1 Sweet Red Bell Peppers diced
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium or medium high heat until hot.
- Add garlic and onion, stirring often, and cook until very fragrant and onions start to become brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, and cook until most of moisture is evaporated and mushrooms are browned, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Remove scales from stalks with a knife or vegtable peeler, if desired.
- Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Combine chicken broth, white wine, and pepper in a measuring cup.
- Pour mixture into saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, add asparagus. Reduce heat to medium low or low and simmer 5 minutes until aspragus become fork tender.
- Add two cheeses and lemon juice; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cheeses melt. Set aside, keep warm.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Add the sweet bell pepper, pasta into asparagus mixture in the saucepan, toss gently until well coated.
- Divide among serving plates and serve warm.
- Season with salt and black pepper if desired.