Peach Cobbler 2 (#2328)
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 6 Peaches sliced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Shortening
- Heat oven to 400. Mix 1/2 cup sugar, the cornstarch and cinnamon in a 2 quart saucepan. Stir in the peaches and lemon juice. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir for one minute. Pour into an ungreased 2 quart casserole. Keep hot in the oven.
- Cut shortening into flour, 1 tb. Sugar, the baking powder and salt until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in milk. Drop dough by 6 spoonfuls onto hot peach mixture.
- Bake until topping is golden brown - about 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm with cinnamon whipped cream.
- For blueberry - omit cinnamon. Substitue 4 cups blueberries for peaches.
- For cherry - substitue 4 cups pitted red tart cherries for peaches and increase sugar in cherry mixture to 1 1/4 cups, cornstarch to 3 tb. And substitute 1/4 teaspoon almond extract for lemon juice.
- For plum - substitute 4 cups sliced plums (about 14 lg.) for the peaches. Increase sugar in plum mixture to 3/4 cup cornstarch to 3 tbl. And cinnamon to 1/2 tsp.
- Cinnamon whipped cream - beat 1 cup chilled whipping cream, 3 tbl. Sugar and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon in a chilled bowl until stiff.