Saucy Mexican Chicken and Black Bean Casserole (#2325)
Casseroles Mexican Dinner Main Gluten Free
Share This Recipe
- 2 pounds Chicken Breasts BBQ and shredded, 3 large ones
- 28 oz Enchilada Sauce red, large can
- 8 oz Cream Cheese 1 container
- 4 oz Mozzarella Cheese shredded, 1 cup
- 2 cloves Garlic roasted
- 1 large Onions chopper and sautéed
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 16 oz Black Beans drained, 1 can
- 14 1/2 oz Corn drained, 1 can
- 4 oz Olives drained, 1 can
- 15 Corn Tortillas (6-Inch)
- 2 cups Tortilla Chips
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350?
- 1) heat in enchilada sauce in a large frying pan.
- 2) add one package of cream cheese, and 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese. Let melt and stir.
- 3) toss the shredded chicken, in the pan.
- 4) season mixture with salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- 5) add sautéed onions, black beans, corn, and olives.
- 6) in a non-stick baking dish, layer corn tortillas on the bottom of the dish (about 4 or 5 tortillas). Ladle the sauce mixture over the top of the tortillas until covered. Continue layering tortillas and sauce until all of the sauce is gone.
- 7) crunch tortilla chips on top layer of the casserole, followed by the shredded cheddar.
- 8) bake casserole for 30 to 45 minutes. Let cool, and enjoy with garnishes of cilantro, salsa, sour cream, or whatever else your heart desires!