Grilled Figs, Prosciutto and Arugula Salad (#2317)
Share This Recipe
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 8 Figs freshly halved
- 8 Prosciutto thin slices
- 8 cups Arugula (Roquette)
- 1/2 cup Gouda Cheese shaved with a vegetable peeler, or shredded
- 1 Roasted Sweet Red Bell Peppers diced
- 4 tablespoons Basil freshly sliced
- 4 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 small Garlic Cloves minced, optional
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- In a medium nonstick skillet, add the olive oil over medium to medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the halved figs, cut side down, prosciuttos, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until figs are nicely browned and caramelized, and prosciuttos are nicely curled.
- Remove from the heat and set aside with the figs' cut sides up.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a bowl until well blended.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the arugula with 2/3 of vinaigrette until well coated.
- Divide the arugula among the serving plates.
- Place 4 halved figs, 2 prosciuttos, and 2 tablespoons of cheese over each bed of greens.
- Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.