Mom's Big Sub Sandwich (#2315)
Sandwiches Dinner Lunch
Share This Recipe
- 1 loaf Bread Italian bread
- 6 slices Smoked Ham
- 6 slices Turkey pepped turkey
- 3/4 pound Salami
- 4 large Iceberg Lettuce leaves
- 1/4 Onions
- 1/4 Tomatoes
- 1 Banana Peppers as needed
- 1 Prepared Mustard as needed
- 1 Mayonnaise as needed
- 1 Oregano as needed
- 1 Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 and bake bread for a little less than 10 minutes so the crust is crispy.
- While your oven is preheating, you can do some prep work. Thinly slice your tomato and place on paper towel to sort of soak up the excess moisture. You can do the same with the banana peppers.
- Cut your bread in 1/2 and evenly spread mayo on both sides of the loaf.
- Then, do the same with the mustard but i would suggest using a little less.
- Generously sprinkle oregano on the bread.
- Thinly slice onions and place on one side. I don't use a lot of onion.
- Then, lay down your lettuce leaves.
- Next layer will be ham, then turkey. You should lay your slices down parallel with the bread so that the meat does not create 2 layers when you fold it over. Otherwise it seems like theres too much meat in the sub.
- Place tomatoes on sub and drizzle with just a little olive oil.
- Also add the banana peppers.
- Lastly, generously layer the salami onto the sandwich so the tomatoes dont make the bread soggy.
- It tastes even better the next day!