Ravioli with Fresh Vegetable Soup (#2312)
Soups Main Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 cup Onions freshly diced
- 1 cup Sweet Red Bell Peppers or green, yellow, freshly diced
- 3 cloves Garlic more or less as needed
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper or to taste, optional
- 28 oz Tomatoes freshly crushed, or you can use canned
- 15 oz Low Salt Chicken Broth or vegetable broth, about 1 can
- 1 1/2 cups Water hot
- 1 Tbsp Basil freshly chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 9 oz Ravioli whole wheat, you can make your own or packaged
- 2 Zucchini diced, medium size, about 2 cups
- 1 Black Pepper freshly ground to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and crushed red pepper (if using) and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, then add bell pepper, stiring, for another 1 pr 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, broth, water and basil, bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Add ravioli and cook for 3 minutes (it should be less than the package directions, later will go on cooking).
- Add zucchini; return to a boil.
- Cook until the zucchini is crisp and tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Season with black pepper.
- Serve warm.