Buttermilk Wasabi Mashed Potatoes (#2309)
Christmas Holidays Side
Share This Recipe
- 2 pounds Potatoes white, peeled and quartered
- 4 oz Light Sour Cream
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter 1/2 stick
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 3 tsp Wasabi Powder prepared
- 1 Salt And White Pepper
- 3 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions sliced for garnish
- Put peeled and quartered potatoes in a large pot, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Drain and transfer potatoes in a large bowl.
- With a handheld mixer on low speed, break up potatoes.
- Mix in sour cream, butter, 1/4 cup buttermilk, and 2 teaspoons prepared wasabi and whip potatoes on medium speed.
- Add more buttermilk until the desired consistency is reached.
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- Garnish with the remaining wasabi and sliced green onions.
- Serve and enjoy!