Hollandise Sauce (#2305)
Share This Recipe
- 1/4 pound Butter
- 3 large Egg Yolks
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Melt butter in a saucepan until bubbling hot.
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a blender jar or food processor bowl.
- Cover and mix until just combined.
- Remove top and with machine running, pour hot butter into machine in a slow, steady stream.
- Serve sauce immediately or keep warm in a double boiler thermos bottle.
- Don't let the sauce boil or it will curdle and separate.
- Then wash and throughly dry the blender.
- Place an additional egg yolk in the container and while the machine is running, pour the hollandise mixture into the container in a slow, steady stream.
- Process until thickened.