Sweet and Sour Vegetables (#2297)
Main Low Fat Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 1 Lecithin an oil, unbleached
- 1 White Wine dry
- 2 Carrots sliced
- 1 Sweet Red Bell Peppers cut into one inch cubes
- 1 Onions coarsely chopped
- 10 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions sliced
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Ginger grated
- 2 cups Cauliflower Florets
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets chop coarse
- 1/2 pound Snow Pea Pods
- 10 oz Tofu firm, optional
- 1 can Pineapple Chunks drained
- 1 can Water Chestnuts sliced
- 1 can Bamboo Shoots
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice unsweetened
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar or honey
- 1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Vegetable Stock Cubes
- 2 tablespoons Arrowroot Flour
- 1 Red Hot Pepper Sauce
- Drain water chestnuts and bamboo shoots, rinse well, add fresh water and allow to stand until ready for use.
- Have all ingredients prepared and ready to cook.
- Prepare sauce ahead of time.
- Pour about 1 oz of the wine into a deep cook pot - preferably lined.
- Turn heat to high.
- When wine gets hot, add lecithin - if you're using it - and stir vigorously.
- Sauté carrots for about five minutes before other vegetables, then drop in pepper, cauliflower, onions, green onions, garlic and ginger.
- Begin stirring immediately and vigorously. Add small amounts of wine as it evaporates but keep bottom of pot somewhat dry.
- When vegetables have softened, add small amount of wine, broccoli and pea pods with vigorous stirring.
- Sauté for a few minutes and cover. If too dry add a small amount of wine.
- Cook for about three minutes. Add tofu - if used - pineapple, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots, stir thoroughly, cover and cook for an additional two or three minutes.
- Have all ingredients for sauce in a measuring cup, stir well and pour over vegetables and stir.
- Turn heat to medium, stir constantly until sauce just barely bubbles and thickens.
- Serve with basmati rice or quinoa - or whatever.