Sweet Potato Casserole (Southern Living) (#2296)
Share This Recipe
- 4 1/2 cups Sweet Potatoes, Or Yams cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 1/3 cup Milk or low-fat, non-fat
- 1 cup Sugar white
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 large Eggs beaten
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour or whole wheat
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 1 cup Pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c) f (175 degrees c).
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup butter, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Spread sweet potato mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and flour.
- Cut in 1/3 cup butter until mixture is crumbly, then stir in pecans.
- Sprinkle pecan mixture over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.