Strawberry Ricotta and Vanilla Sugar in Phyllo Squares (#2295)
Desserts Low Fat
Share This Recipe
- 5 Phyllo (Filo) Pastry Sheets
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 pint Strawberries freshly sliced
- 1/8 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Powdered Sugar for serving, prefer vanilla (drop tiny bit of vanilla extract into sugar, or place a vanilla bean into sugar)
- 1 oz Bittersweet Chocolate grated or shaved, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or grease with butter.
- On the baking sheet, butter or spray with cooking spray each layer of phyllo dough, sprinkle vanilla sugar between each buttered layer.
- Cut phyllo dough into 9 squares.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown, set aside.
- Gently fold ricotta, powder sugar and vanilla in a small bowl.
- To serve:
- Place 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture onto each square.
- Arrange and press strawberry slices into ricotta.
- Dust with powder sugar and garnish with grated chocolate.