Homemade Sweet Dough for Pies (#2291)
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour , bleached
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 8 tablespoons Butter cold, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 large Eggs large
- In a food processor, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in bowl fitted with metal blade.
- Pulse 3 times at 1-second intervals to mix.
- Add butter to work bowl and pulse about 15 times until mixture is fine and powdery and resembles coarse ground cornmeal and no large pieces remain.
- Add the eggs and pulse ten times or so, until the dough forms a ball.
- Scatter a teaspoon of flour on the work surface and scrape the dough out onto it.
- Press and knead the dough quickly 3 or 4 times, until it is smooth and uniform.
- Press the dough into 2 equal disks.
- Sandwich the disks of dough between two pieces of plastic wrap and press into a 6-inch circle.
- Refrigerate the dough until firm, or until you are ready to use it, at least 1 hour.
- Makes enough for two pie shells or one double-crust pie shell.