Mini Mincemeat Tarts (#2287)
Share This Recipe
For The Short Crust Pastry
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter cold, and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Water iced, plus more as needed
For The Mincemeat Filling
- 11 oz Mincemeat 1 jar, about 1 cup
- For the short bread crust:
- In a food processor, add the flour, salt, and sugar and process until combined.
- Add the butter and process until the mixture resembles coarse meal (about 15 seconds).
- Pour 2 tablespoons ice water in a slow, steady stream, through the feed tube until the dough just holds together when pinched. Add more water if needed. Do not process more than 30 seconds.
- Turn the dough onto your work surface and gather into a ball.
- Fatten each half into a disk, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using. This will chill the butter and relax the gluten in the flour.
- For the mincemeat tart:
- Coat 24 mini muffin tins with cooking spray, or grease with butter, or line with papper.
- After the dough has chilled sufficiently, take the pastry and transfer on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out the pastry dough until about 1/8 inch thick and cut into 24 rounds that are slightly bigger than the muffin tins. (to prevent the pastry from sticking to the counter and to ensure uniform thickness, keep lifting up and turning the pastry a quarter turn as you roll (always roll from the center of the pastry outwards).)
- Gently place the rounds into the muffin tins.
- Add about a teaspoon of mincemeat into each tin.
- Bake in a 400° f (200° c) (205 degree c) oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the pastry has lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.