Garlic Lover's Pizza Sauce (#2281)
Pizzas Sauces Italian
Share This Recipe
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Onions minced
- 1/2 Green Bell Peppers minced
- 3 Garlic cloves, large, minced
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 6 oz Tomato Paste
- 1/2 tsp Basil dried
- 1/2 tsp Oregano dried
- 1 tsp Parsley Leaves dried
- 1 Salt to taste
- 1 Black Pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a small pot over medium-high heat and add the onion and green pepper. Cooking stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes until the onion is just beginning to soften.
- Add the garlic and cook stirring for another few minutes just to take the edge off.
- Add the water, tomato paste, basil, oregano and parsley (or a mix of dried italian spices). Stir, cover and lower the heat to a simmer.
- Let simmer, stirring often for about 30 minutes until the sauce is very thick.
- Taste, add salt and black pepper, taste again and adjust seasoning to perfection.
- Makes about 3 cups of sauce, sufficient sauce for two to three 12 to 14 inch round pizzas.
- Feel free to add another 3 cloves of garlic as dictated by your personal preference!