Gulai Daun Singkong Tumbuk(Grilled Fish with Greens) (#2280)
Grill/BBQ Fish Seafood Main Grill/BBQ
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 medium Ginger fresh, , sliced
- 1 small Onions sliced
- 1 Medium Hot Chili Peppers red, fresh, seeded,
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- 1 whole Red Snapper, Whole Fish or similar fish (1 pound)
- 1 slice Laos
- 2 Stalks Lemongrass or two -slices lemon
- 1/4 pound Swiss Chard coarsely chopped
- Process the ginger, onion, chili, salt, sugar, turmeric and 1/4 cup of the coocnut milk into a smooth paste.
- Set aside grill fish over charcoal or in a gas or electric broiler for 2 minutes on each side.
- Put the remaining coconut milk and the spice paste in a large skillet and bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- Add the laos and lemon grass and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the fish and greens, cook for 15 minutes basting occasionally.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 4 with rice and other dishes.