Phyllo Chicken Pot Pie (#2278)
Chicken Main Low Fat
Share This Recipe
- 4 Chicken Breast Halves (Boneless Skinless)
- 1/4 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1 large Russet Potatoes cubed
- 1 small Onions cut into thin wedges
- 2 medium Carrots diced
- 14.5 oz Low Salt Chicken Broth
- 1/2 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Non-Fat Sour Cream
- 6 sheets Phyllo (Filo) Pastry Sheets thawed
- 2 tablespoons Margarine or butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375?.
- Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut into 1/2-inch pieces and sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and onion and cook and stir 5 -7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add potato, onion, carrot, 1/2 cup broth, poultry seasoning and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, blend flour into remaining broth.
- Blend broth mixture into vegetables.
- Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream; set aside.
- On work surface, layer phyllo sheets, brushing between layers with margarine, reserving a small amount for finished pie.
- Fit phyllo layers into spray-coated, deep 2- quart casserole.
- Fill with chicken mixture.
- Fold edges of phyllo over filling; brush with remaining margarine.
- Bake at 375? For 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and filling bubbles.