Amish Apple Pie (#2277)
Desserts Nuts Pies Amish Pennsylvania Dutch
Share This Recipe
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 10 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 dash Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter cold
- 1/2 cup Walnuts coarsely chopped
- 4 large Apples (4 cups)
- 1 Pie Shells 10 inch, unbaked
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Eggs large
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a food processor bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients for streusel together.
- Add the butter, and process until mixture is crumbly; it should still have a dry look, don't overprocess.
- Add nuts, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Peel, core, and thinly slice the apples (should be about 4 cups).
- Place apples in pie shell.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Beat the egg in a medium bowl, and add the cream and vanilla.
- Add the sugar mixture to the egg mixture, and blend.
- Pour over the apples.
- Bake for 1 hour in the lower third of oven.
- After 20 minutes, sprinkle streusel over top.
- Continue baking about 40 minutes longer, or until the top puffs, and is golden brown.