Strawberry Upside Down Shortcake (#2265)
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Miniature Marshmallows
- 2 packages Strawberries frozen, sliced
- 1 package Unflavored Gelatin strawberry-flavoured
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Shortening
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 large Eggs
- Generously grease the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan; sprinkle marshmallows evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Thoroughly combine thawed strawberries and syrup with dry ge latin; set aside.
- In large bowl combine remaining ingredients. Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour batter evenly over marshmallows .
- Then spoon strawberry mixture evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350° f (180° c) for 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Serve warm or cool wi th ice cream.