Quinoa with Asparagus, Celery and Mushrooms (#2252)
Main Gluten Free Low Fat Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onions chopped, or 1/2 large one
- 1 cup Mushrooms cremini or white button, well cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup Quinoa rinsed in water, cold and drained
- 1 1/4 cup Stock vegetable or chicken, or water
- 1 bunch Asparagus cleaned, ends trimmed and chopped
- 2 stalks Celery sliced
- 1 cup Spinach washed and pat dry, or other leafy greens
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Stir in onion and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, until onion is golden and translucent.
- Stir in mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour in the quinoa and the stock or water, bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and let everything simmer for 15 minutes.
- When it it close to the end, about 3 to 4 minutes left, stir in the asparagus, celery and the other vegetables, and cover again.
- After the last a few minutes, turn off the heat and let the quinoa and vegetables mixture sit for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover and check that if the water is absorbed and all the vegetables are cooked.
- If not, return the pot to a gentle simmer, and cook for another 2 to 4 minutes, until all the vegetables are cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with some sesame oil drizzled on top if needed.