Andre Black's Carrot Cake (#2250)
Share This Recipe
- 3 large Eggs beaten *
- 2 cups Sugar *
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil 2 tablespoons
- 2 cups Cake Flour plus 1 tbsp sifted *
- 1 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut shredded
- 2 cups Carrots grated
- 1 cup Canned Crushed Pineapple plus 2 tablespoons, drained
- 1 cup Walnuts plus 2 tbsp crushed
- 1 cup Seedless Raisins
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1 pound Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c). Grease and flour three 8 inch layer pans. Combine eggs, sugar and oil. Beat on high speed until creamy and thick, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Slowly add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to egg mixture; beat well. Repeat with remaining dry ingredients, beating well after each addition.
- Batter will be extrememly stiff; it may be necessary to blend with a spatula or spoon. One by one, fold in carrots, coconut, pineapple, walnuts and raisins.
- Divide batter between the 3 prepared cake pans. Bake at 350 dgrees f for 40 to 45 minutes, arranging cake pans in oven once. The cake is done when the tester inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake cool in pans 5 minutes. Turn out onto rack to cool completely.
- When cakes are cool, prepare frosting: Combine margarine, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Frost cake.
- Andre's original recipe, written in professional baking terms, calls for 6 oz beaten eggs, 15 1/2 oz of sugar, and 12 oz cake flour andre hopes to become an executive chef, and own his own resturant someday.