Homemade String Hopper Sweet Rolls (#2247)
Share This Recipe
- 50 ml Molasses coconut
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 100 grams Shredded Desiccated Coconut
- 250 grams All-Purpose Flour Steam
- 1 tsp Salt
- 200 ml Water boiling
- Preparation instructions
- To make the coconut mixture, in a thick-bottomed pan, put coconut pani, cinnamon and sugar and bring to boil (you need it to be around 100c degrees so use a thermometer).Then add the pani mixture to the dessicated coconut and mix well. Let cool.
- In a steamer, steam flour for about 30 minutes gas cooker (or 45 minutes using firewood). When cool, break up and sift twice. Steam flour is also available in food shops and supermarkets.
- Put the steam flour, flour and salt into a bowl and slowly add the water. Mix quickly into a pliable dough.
- Put a little of the dough into a string hopper mould and squeeze the mixture in a circular fashion onto a 7×7 piece of paper greased with butter or oil in a circular fashion. It will look like a disk about 5 inches in diameter.
- Now place the sweet coconut mixture in the middle of each disk and roll each up loosely. Transfer to a string hopper mat.
- Place 2 mats in a steamer and steam over a pan of boiling water for about 5 minutes. When the string hopper sweet rolls are cooked, remove from the mats and place on a dish.
- Serve hot or cool.
- See my website www. Stellarecipe. Webs. Com www. Recipesrilanka. Blogspot. Com