Yogurt Cheddar Scones (#2246)
Share This Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour plus more, or 1 cup whole wheat and 3/4 cup white flour
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Butter cold, or 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt 1%
- In large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese.
- Add yogurt all at once; stir with fork to make soft, slightly sticky dough, if the dough is too sticky, add more flour, and once one or two tablespoons.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough gently 6 times or until smooth.
- Gently pat out dough to 1-inch thick round. Using 2-inch round cutter, cut out rounds. Gather up scraps and pat out dough once morel; cut into rounds.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet at 425f 220c for 12 to 15 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Transfer to racks and let cool.