Colcannon (Irish) (#2237)
Share This Recipe
- 4 Potatoes medium, peeled
- 60 grams Butter
- 170 ml Milk warm
- 40 grams Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions chopped
- 300 grams Cabbage shredded
- 1 Black Pepper ground
- 1 Tbsp Parsley Leaves fresh, chopped, for garnish
- 1 Butter for garnish
- Quarter potatoes and boil for 15 minutes until tender.
- Place potatoes in a bowl and mash.
- Boil cabage for 10 minutes, drain well.
- Melt butter in a large pan.
- Add cabbage and spring onion and cook for 60 seconds.
- Add cabbage mixture to bowl of mash and add milk gradually until a creamy consistency has been achieved.
- Season with the ground black pepper and serve.
- May be garnished with chopped parsley and/or extra melted butter.