Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls/Buns (#2235)
Desserts Pastries Snacks
Share This Recipe
- 1/4 oz Active Dry Yeast
- 1 cup Milk 105 to 110 F
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Butter melted
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Margarine softened
- 8 tablespoons Butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cream Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- For the rolls, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl.
- Add the sugar, butter, salt, eggs, and flour, and mix well.
- Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour.
- Put in a bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll the dough until it is approximately 21 inches long and 16 inches wide.
- It should be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Preheat oven to 400° f (200° c).
- For the filling combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Spread the softened butter evenly over the surface of the dough and then sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar evenly over the surface.
- Working carefully from the top (a 21 inch side) roll the dough down to the bottom edge.
- Cut the rolled dough into 1 3/4 inch slices and place 6 at a time, evenly spaced, in a lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown on top.
- While the rolls bake, combine the icing ingredients.
- Beat well with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- When the rolls come out of the oven, coat each generously with icing.