Guilt-Free Chocolate Fudge Cookies (#2234)
Chocolate Cookies Desserts Low Fat
Share This Recipe
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder natural unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil or light olive oil
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Applesauce unsweetened
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 375° f (190° c).
- Coat two cookie sheets with cooking spray or lined with baking mats.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer, add the cocoa powder, butter, oil and both sugar.
- Beat until well mixed and smooth.
- Beat in applesauce and vanilla until smooth.
- In another medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture into the cocoa batter, and mix with a wooden spatula until well blended.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonful.
- Place 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Let cookies cool on the sheets for a few minutes until they become firm.
- Transfer the cookies onto wire racks, and cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar to serve.
- Keep in an air-tight container for up to 1 week or freeze in a zip-lock bag for up to 1 month.