Mound Bars (#2229)
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 10 tablespoons Butter salted
- 3 1/2 cups Shredded Desiccated Coconut sweetened; chop in processor to make finer
- 28 oz Sweetened Low Fat Condensed Milk 2 - 14 oz. cans
- 12 oz Chocolate, Semisweet chips
- 1 1/2 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup Almonds sliced (optional) if you want to make "Almond Joy" bars
- In a medium-large bowl, toss chocolate chips with the vegetable oil; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c). Place the butter in a 13" x 9" baking pan and place in heated oven until butter is completely melted. Remove from oven and sprinkle with the graham cracker crumbs; press down lightly. Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove graham crust from oven and cover evenly with the processed coconut flakes; pour over evenly with the sweetened condensed milk. Return to oven and bake until the coconut filling is set, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the oil-coated chocolate chips evenly over the coconut filling. Return to turned off oven and let sit there until the chips are melted. Remove from oven and spread the melted chocolate over the coconut using an offset spatula. Note: If using the sliced almonds, sprinkle them over before the chocolate sets up.
- Cool on rack to room temperature before refrigerating for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into small bars.