Berry Berry Streusel Bars (#2223)
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Rolled Oats uncooked, quick or old-fashioned
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar firmly packed
- 3/4 cup Butter or margarine, melted, or half applesauce, half butter
- 1 cup Blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup Raspberry Jam
- 1 tsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest grated, optional
- Heat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar and margarine; mix until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup for topping; set aside.
- Press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of ungreased 8 or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool slightly. In medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix gently.
- Spread over crust. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture, patting gently.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.
- Store tightly covered.
- Note: I used whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup applesauce, 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil, and the crust and topping were both moist, flakey and delicious.