Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake (#2222)
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups Sugar
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Zucchini shredded
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder plus more for flouring the pan
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (Semi-Sweet) optional, you may need to reduce sugar a bit if add chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Well butter and flour a bundt cake pan with cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla and zucchini until well combined.
- In another bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Add flour mixture alternately to zucchini mix with milk.
- Fold in chocolate chips if using.
- Pour batter evenly in prepared bundt pan, smooth top with a rubber spatular.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until a wooden skewer inserted into center comes out almost clean.
- Let stand in pan for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Remove from pan onto wire rack, and let cool completely.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- Note: After cake is cut into slices, store the slices in an air-tight container, they can last for at least a week in the refrigerator or for up to at least one month in the freezer.