Herbed Quinoa Salad (#2217)
Salads Main Side Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup Green Peas or snap beans
- 3 cups Quinoa cooked, cold
- 4 oz Goat (Chevre) Cheese crumbled, preferably low-fat, 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup Parsley Leaves fresh, chopped
- 1/3 cup Tarragon Leaves fresh, chopped
- 1/3 cup Chives fresh, snipped
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil extra-virgin
- In a 2-quart saucepan over high heat, bring one quart water to a boil. Add the peas. Cook for about 4 minutes, or until tender; do not overcook. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Place the quinoa in a large bowl. Add the peas, goat cheese, parsley, tarragon and chives. Toss lightly.
- In a cup, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil. Pour over the salad.
- Note: To cook the quinoa, bring 2 cups of water or stock to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan. Add 1 cup of quinoa. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender but not mushy. Drain off any remaining liquid. Fluff with a fork to separate the grains. Allow to cool before combining in salad.