Gram Flour Pancakes/Besan chillas (#2204)
Appetizers Indian Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups Gram Flour besan
- 1 Onions finely chopped, optional
- 1 tsp - jwain (omam)
- 1 tsp Red Chilis, Dried powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder (jeera powder)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped, optional
- 1 Salt to taste
- 1 Water as needed to make a batter
- 1 Vegetable Oil oil for pan frying
- Mix everything given in the list except oil in a mixing bowl.
- Add enough water so that it forms into dosa batter consistency.
- Heat a non stick tawa..pour a ladleful of batter over that and make a slightly thin dosa..drizzle oil around the sides..
- Cook for 1 min on one side and flip over and cook on other side too..drizzle some more oil if needed.
- Cook until it gets crispy.. serve hot with chutney and eat it immediately, because it is best had piping hot..once it gets cold it is not that good..