Moorish Albondigas (#2201)
Appetizers Snacks Spanish Pork
Share This Recipe
- 1 pound Ground Pork
- 3 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs Panko
- 1/4 cup Bread Crumbs fresh
- 3/4 tsp Coriander ground
- 3/4 tsp Nutmeg ground
- 3/4 tsp Cumin ground
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon ground
- 1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes crushed, or a few drops hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons Italian Parsley fresh, finely chopped (or fresh coriander leaves)
- 2 large Eggs whisked with wire whisk until foamy
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper freshly ground
- 6 cups Beef Stock low sodium
- In a large bowl, gently but thoroughly combine all ingredients except the beef broth. Cover mixture and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375° f (190° c). Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Meanwhile, shape chilled meat mixture into smalls balls using a tablespoon measure. Place on prepared sheet pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, turning meatballs once after 10 minutes.
- While meatballs are baking, gently bring to a simmer the beef broth.
- Place baked meatballs in simmering broth and gently simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve albondigas as-is or with broth or a sauce.