Grandpa's Mashed Potato Casserole (#2199)
Share This Recipe
- 3 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 3 pounds Potatoes bakers
- 2 tablespoons Butter or margarine
- 1 Paprika to taste
- 1 Parsley Leaves to taste
- In a bowl, stir together cream cheese, garlic salt, pepper, and sour cream; set aside.
- Prepare and boil quartered potatoes; drain.
- Using an electric mixer or a potato masher, beat hot potatoes until they are in fine lumps.
- Add sour cream mixture and continue beating until smooth.
- Spoon potatoes into a well buttered 2-quart casserole dish.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- If made ahead, cover and refrigerate until the next day.
- Bake, covered, in a 400° f (200° c) oven for 25 minutes (50 minutes if refrigerated); uncover and bake for 10 minutes more or until top is golden brown.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.