Grandma's Cranberry Scones (#2197)
Share This Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar granulated
- 2 tsp Sugar granulated
- 2 tablespoons Orange Zest grated
- 2 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Margarine
- 1 cup Cranberries chopped
- 1/4 cup Currants
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk skim
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Using a fork, in large bowl combine flour, sugar, orange peel, baking powder and baking soda.
- With pastry blender, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add cranberries and currants; stir to combine.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla to flour mixture and stir to combine (mixture will be dry).
- Form dough into 2 equal balls.
- Preheat oven to 400° f (200° c). Sprinkle clean work surface with 1 tablespoon reserved flour.
- On floured surface, using fingertips, work one-half of dough into 6-inch circle, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut circle into 6 equal wedges; place wedges on nonstick baking sheet, leaving a space of about 1 inch between each.
- Repeat procedure, using remaining flour and dough.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove scones to wire rack and let cool.