Tomato and Onion Pizza (#2196)
Pizzas Italian Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1 pound Italian Plum (Roma) Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 pound Onions sliced
- 1 cloves Garlic peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup White Wine dry
- 1 tsp Rosemary Leaves
- 2 tablespoons Olives finely chopped
- 2 Pizza Shell prefer whole wheat
- Wash tomatoes and cut off the stem ends.
- Cut into 1/3 inch lengthwise slices and place the slices on the paper towel.
- Sprinkle with a bit sea salt.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet, cook the onions over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, white wine and rosemary and reduce heat to medium; cover and cook about 10 to 15 minutes or until liquid is mostly absorbed and the onions are caramelized.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 425° f (220° c).
- Stir in the olive.
- Spread the onion-olive mixture over the pizza.
- Place the tomato slices on top and brush with remaining olive oil.
- Sprinkle with oregano and bake for about 20 minutes or until the edges of the crust becomes golden.
- Cut into slices and serve warm.