Salad Greens a la Chinois (#2193)
Share This Recipe
- 8 Lettuce Leaves broken up
- 1 Cucumbers sliced thin
- 2 Tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 Green Bell Peppers seeded and sliced
- 1 Garlic Cloves minced fine
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Salt
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- Prepare and assemble all ingredients.
- Place oil in wok and heat to smoking point.
- Stir fry garlic in it, 1 minute.
- Add cucumber and pepper, stir fry 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, lettuce, stir fry another minute.
- Then add salt, winegar, and sugar.
- Stir fry all ingredients for another 3 minutes, until lettuce leaves are wilted.
- Note: The outer leaves of a lettuce can be used for this dish, instead of being discarded. This dish can be served in lieu of a tossed salad.