Sri Lanka Annasi (Pineapple Curry) (#2190)
Curries Indian Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
Annasi (Pineapple Curry)
- 1 Pineapple, Fresh fresh
- 25 grams Onions
- 2 Green Chili Peppers fresh
- 50 grams Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1 Curry Leaves
- 1/2 Lemongrass stems
- 1 tsp Red Chile Powder
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 200 ml Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Bulb
- Cut the pineapple in half lengthways, scoop out the flesh and cut into cubes.
- Retain the half pineapple shells.
- Chop the onion and finely slice the chiles.
- Heat the ghee and fry the onion together with the curry leaves and lemon grass.
- Add the chile powder paprika powder, mustard, turmeric, salt and pineapple pieces and cook for a few minutes until the pineapple is soft.
- Remove from the heat and pour in the coconut milk.
- Sprinkle with the fennel and allow curry to simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve in hollowed out pineapple shells, garnished with sliced chiles.